Friday, October 14, 2005

Maybe.

My house is going to be a friggin motel come the end of November. Not only is my uncle (the one who owns the place) coming down, he's bringing -- get this -- TEN relatives from my paternal side with him. That's two families of 4 (4 young kids in total), my grandmother, and another auntie. Even if the place were huge (and it's not), there is no way 12 people can fit into it, much less with only one bathroom (and a retarded hot water supply)?!! We have only 3 rooms, one of which I'm already occupying, and I'll be damned if anyone tries to bunk in here with me. HOW are 11 people going to fit into 2 rooms and the living room without living like tuna!?

Anyone who's been reading this blog (or is unfortunate enough to be within earshot) will know that I do not have anything in common with that side of the family, and that conversation is restricted to a minimal few questions (see here and here for predictable scenarios). My grandmother is also most likely going to cook up a storm most days, and I'll be hard pressed to find an excuse not to stay in for breakfast... or lunch... or dinner...

And as if that weren't bad enough, I'll also have to relinquish Edward for the period of time that they'll be here, even though there is no way 11 people can fit into him, and I'm paying for the friggin registration. The uncle will be here as of 1st November til the 20-something, and the rest of the jingbang arrive on the 20th. I'll be one sad, sullen kid come then. :(

***

Plenty of work due in the next couple of weeks, and I'm still being fairly slack about it:

24 Oct: Internship presentation
28 Oct: Multimedia Critique (1000 words)
31 Oct: Honours application (plus thesis proposal)
4 Nov: Multimedia Project (60%; due at 9am), and Internship Report (5000 words) -_-
7 Nov: Asia-Pac Campaign, complete with Lit Crit

I forsee myself being utterly crabby and stressed in, say, a week or so, when it all starts to sink in. Obviously I'm telling myself I need to start work like, now (last week, actually), but procrastination is my best friend, and for now, life is good.

Poignant, soulful songs a la Patti hit me right where it counts, and I've had this one on repeat ever since I stunned it off someone's site on a whim. The way the lead abruptly wails "maaaaybeee" in that gorgeous harmony of hers KILLS. <3

***

Maybe
If I could hold your hand
You'd understand
Maybe maybe maybe maybe
If I just kissed your sweet lips
You'll come back, you'll come back to stay...

"Maybe" - The Three Degrees