Thursday, February 10, 2005

That great big symphony.

Sappy Beethoven song stuck in the head all day... Dolly Parton, who would've thought? Survived the maternal gathering this year (which really is never all that bad), had another round of orgasmalicious teppanyaki the day after, and just yesterday tolerated the reunion dinner with dad's 'army'. That's three 10-course meals consecutively in THREE days, the effects of which are beginning (please keep sniggering to a minimal) to show through the unsightly bulges around the waist.

So the first day of sucky visiting is finally over: One down, one to go. I have yet to decide which is the worse of the two - had to do the army (again!) for lunch, then dad's nanny (who is a cow for always picking on my choice of clothes), and maternal grandma's after for the smallish dinner gathering. Tomorrow involves a singular visit to dad's elder brother's (which isn't too bad because the cousin will be there), then rushing back home to prep the place (and bbq pits) for the army to come over for dinner. So that's one entire day of having to field the never-ending questions as to 1. When am I going back, 2. Do I have a boyfriend, 3. What year I am in, and last (but not least), 4. How is the weather in Melbourne. HELLO? Like, take note already, and stop asking me like it's the first bloody time you've met me in your entire lives (only to rinsewashrepeat without fail come February next year).

On another note, we're all back together again in flogging-land (well, with the exception of NN but I'll take Ipoh over some miscellaneous European city any day). ^_^ I also want a new watch but finding that perfect one has been rather frustrating. School starts soon, and already I feel like my 3 months (2 if you discount all the travelling) here have zipped by.

***

The days seemed to pass quickly enough for comfort, but it was the nights that drove her mad. The nights were the times her body hurt because she cried so much. The days made her forget, those few precious mercy hours. At night, there was no one to talk to, and none to stop the gnawing at the frayed threads of her imagination.

***

And everywhere I go
There's always something to remind me
Of another place and time
Of a love that travelled far to find me

"Remind Me" - Royksopp