Look away.
It's just before 9 on a Thursday morning, and for the first time this semester (I think!), I'm up. Post-sleep, mind you, which is a huge thing given that the average bedtime this past week has been a whopping 8am. But only because I have a project meeting later in the day, and work to do for it. Some things never change; right down to blogging during crunchtime...
I had a startling deja vu running out for coffee and a sandwich earlier. Except it was two sandwiches then, but everything else... pretty damn similar, right down to the single sad banana atop the marble counter. I'm never quite sure how to react when these little flashes hit. I don't think it gets any easier.
***
And yes, I've been neglecting this blog, I know. It's still alive; I just haven't felt the urge to write, or more accurately, post something. There's so much to say, but finding the words to put it all into... well, words, that's been easier said than done. All these drafts and whatnot just sitting around, waiting to be finished. I'll get to it at some point, I think. It's been a bit all-over-the-place these days.
In other news, I'm terribly excited about the prospect of Japan all over again, this time with a whole new dimension... dare I say, the underbelly? From traversing the city late at night to Host Clubs (o_O??!) to endless journeys on the Shinkansen... huzzah!
And oh, I turned 24. Twenty-fucking-four. Help.
***
Poetry is no place for a heart that's a whore
And I'm young & I'm strong
But I feel old & tired
Overfired
And I've been poked & stoked
It's all smoke, there's no more fire
Only desire
For you, whoever you are
Oh you say my time here has been some sort of joke
That I've been messing around
Some sort of incubating period
For when I really come around
I'm cracking up
And you have no idea
"Bloody Mother Fucking Asshole" - Martha Wainwright
(... no kidding! but I love it. :>)
It's just before 9 on a Thursday morning, and for the first time this semester (I think!), I'm up. Post-sleep, mind you, which is a huge thing given that the average bedtime this past week has been a whopping 8am. But only because I have a project meeting later in the day, and work to do for it. Some things never change; right down to blogging during crunchtime...
I had a startling deja vu running out for coffee and a sandwich earlier. Except it was two sandwiches then, but everything else... pretty damn similar, right down to the single sad banana atop the marble counter. I'm never quite sure how to react when these little flashes hit. I don't think it gets any easier.
***
And yes, I've been neglecting this blog, I know. It's still alive; I just haven't felt the urge to write, or more accurately, post something. There's so much to say, but finding the words to put it all into... well, words, that's been easier said than done. All these drafts and whatnot just sitting around, waiting to be finished. I'll get to it at some point, I think. It's been a bit all-over-the-place these days.
In other news, I'm terribly excited about the prospect of Japan all over again, this time with a whole new dimension... dare I say, the underbelly? From traversing the city late at night to Host Clubs (o_O??!) to endless journeys on the Shinkansen... huzzah!
And oh, I turned 24. Twenty-fucking-four. Help.
***
Poetry is no place for a heart that's a whore
And I'm young & I'm strong
But I feel old & tired
Overfired
And I've been poked & stoked
It's all smoke, there's no more fire
Only desire
For you, whoever you are
Oh you say my time here has been some sort of joke
That I've been messing around
Some sort of incubating period
For when I really come around
I'm cracking up
And you have no idea
"Bloody Mother Fucking Asshole" - Martha Wainwright
(... no kidding! but I love it. :>)

<< Home