Saturday, December 30, 2006

My barbaric yawp.

I suppose it's about time that I (finally) give the lowdown on beautiful Nihon. Japan was great, in a nutshell, although I have to admit that the near-constant 6am wake-ups and 12am nappage schedule definitely took its toil -- much of the coach rides were spent being plugged into the ipod or catching up on sleep (or both), and the itinerary was so absolutely hectic towards the end of the trip that there literally was no time to do anything of your own accord in between. Still, Japan was wonderful from day 1, and I'm definitely looking forward to exploring it free and easy next time.

Still trying to work out the best way to showcase the pics (tinkering with Flickr but am not liking it terribly so far; any suggestions?), but here's a preview of my sojourn in the Land of the Rising Sun:















Rice cracker shop along a quaint little street in Tokyo
















Fresh (and how!) unagi don





















Eeyore in Disneyland. So grey, so melancholy, so awww.
















Sign at a water ride (;p!!!) at Fujikyu theme park
















Butt(and other bits)-washing toilet... 'nuff said.

More updates in time via email or Flickr, when I finally get down to sorting the lot.

***

A slow summer waits
Out the door... I hardly think
Of you nowadays

Labels: ,