Mimosa.
It makes you realise... that importance that you attribute, isn't returned. It was seriously hard to swallow, the hard reality of it.
Snippets from a convo with PCB. I think it pretty much summarizes what I have to say. I don't deal terribly well withrejection failed expectations in any form, and after all this time insisting that there were and are no expectations with this whole thing it's hit me with a sudden clarity. There'll always be SOME form of expectation regardless: even if it isn't about reciprocation, it's about the way you're to be let down gently. Anyway. I need my space for the timebeing, so if I'm distant it's the self-preservation genome speaking.
In other news, I'm currently back in flogging-land for the week before jetting off to Japan til Christmas. I realise there's been a huge post-thesis gap, and really, there's been heaps of stuff going on, but I haven't really had time to update. I'll try and get to that at some point; at least some of it seems worth a mention.
***
So I learn to live with shame
Tell myself I feel no pain
But I do
And if I have to tell you
Then it really doesn’t matter at all
"It Doesn't Really Matter" - George Michael
It makes you realise... that importance that you attribute, isn't returned. It was seriously hard to swallow, the hard reality of it.
Snippets from a convo with PCB. I think it pretty much summarizes what I have to say. I don't deal terribly well with
In other news, I'm currently back in flogging-land for the week before jetting off to Japan til Christmas. I realise there's been a huge post-thesis gap, and really, there's been heaps of stuff going on, but I haven't really had time to update. I'll try and get to that at some point; at least some of it seems worth a mention.
***
So I learn to live with shame
Tell myself I feel no pain
But I do
And if I have to tell you
Then it really doesn’t matter at all
"It Doesn't Really Matter" - George Michael

<< Home