Vogue.
Today is an 'okay' (note: okay, not great) day as far as days spent slogging on the thesis go. I have, to date, a whopping (but really not-so-wow when you think about it) 9.5k of "stuff", all of which does not include the analysis or discussion that is supposed to be incorporated, although I have actually been substantially industrious over the past 8 hours, if I do say so myself. Tomorrow I see Umi with what has to be more than two-thirds of the entire thesis, of which I probably do have at this point, although it is in entirely no state to be seen by anyone else's eye whatsoever, much less the supervisor's at this late date. The irony isn't lost on me, because if she doesn't look at it now no one else will, but...
Each day I whine about being so completely OVER this bloody thesis, but the truth is that I'm going to have to fucking make it work if I want to even get a decent honours grade at ALL. It's worth 3 subject points alone -- everything hangs in the balance on this.
I feel like I'm drowning, drowning, and there's no one to save me but myself.
***
I don't know where I stand with you
I never ever make any plans with you
I don't know what I mean to you
The only thing I know is I dream of you
And all that I know
Is I just don't understand
Why my happiness
Always lies in the palm of your hand
"I'd Rather Be Your Lover" - Madonna
Today is an 'okay' (note: okay, not great) day as far as days spent slogging on the thesis go. I have, to date, a whopping (but really not-so-wow when you think about it) 9.5k of "stuff", all of which does not include the analysis or discussion that is supposed to be incorporated, although I have actually been substantially industrious over the past 8 hours, if I do say so myself. Tomorrow I see Umi with what has to be more than two-thirds of the entire thesis, of which I probably do have at this point, although it is in entirely no state to be seen by anyone else's eye whatsoever, much less the supervisor's at this late date. The irony isn't lost on me, because if she doesn't look at it now no one else will, but...
Each day I whine about being so completely OVER this bloody thesis, but the truth is that I'm going to have to fucking make it work if I want to even get a decent honours grade at ALL. It's worth 3 subject points alone -- everything hangs in the balance on this.
I feel like I'm drowning, drowning, and there's no one to save me but myself.
***
I don't know where I stand with you
I never ever make any plans with you
I don't know what I mean to you
The only thing I know is I dream of you
And all that I know
Is I just don't understand
Why my happiness
Always lies in the palm of your hand
"I'd Rather Be Your Lover" - Madonna

<< Home