Bittersweet faith.
I have always said that I would love to make a trip down to Seattle someday, and the primary goal of such an endeavour would be to look up a certain M and persuade her to take me on for an hour or two. B doesn't think it is something others could possibly conceive of me, but I am usually in such control of my emotions and entire person on a day to day basis that it would -- I suspect -- be quite liberating and cathartic to completely let go of that control for a given amount of time, and give yourself, completely and willingly, over to someone else for that moment. And after it all, you as a person are changed, and yet completely the same as you were before.
Perfect, Zazzmania on the very night that I need to stay up and mug the thesis (a semi-polished 10k by Monday!). I get to refresh the site every 20 (or so) minutes to see if there just happens to be something on at a steal that I might actually need/want, thus effectively forcing myself to take a break from work and indulge my procrastination gene. Weeh. For now it's more of the red stuff and back to Methodology...
***
Is it alright for me to feel this way,
Put my head in your lap, the world will go away
Well well, we can go there,
We can go anywhere
We can go there
But is it alright
Is it alright
Is it alright to hold you through the night
"Alright" - Kinnie Starr
I have always said that I would love to make a trip down to Seattle someday, and the primary goal of such an endeavour would be to look up a certain M and persuade her to take me on for an hour or two. B doesn't think it is something others could possibly conceive of me, but I am usually in such control of my emotions and entire person on a day to day basis that it would -- I suspect -- be quite liberating and cathartic to completely let go of that control for a given amount of time, and give yourself, completely and willingly, over to someone else for that moment. And after it all, you as a person are changed, and yet completely the same as you were before.
Perfect, Zazzmania on the very night that I need to stay up and mug the thesis (a semi-polished 10k by Monday!). I get to refresh the site every 20 (or so) minutes to see if there just happens to be something on at a steal that I might actually need/want, thus effectively forcing myself to take a break from work and indulge my procrastination gene. Weeh. For now it's more of the red stuff and back to Methodology...
***
Is it alright for me to feel this way,
Put my head in your lap, the world will go away
Well well, we can go there,
We can go anywhere
We can go there
But is it alright
Is it alright
Is it alright to hold you through the night
"Alright" - Kinnie Starr
Labels: procrastination, Seattle

<< Home