Eighteen seconds before sunrise.
My life's been a bit of a whirlwind these couple of weeks. First there was the possibility of a transfer into the honours course (yes, 8 fucking months after I started an appeal), which to date has yet to be confirmed as a result of the university's typical administration inefficiency. To cut a long story short, the difference between my current course and honours is that I'm currently undertaking 5 cores and a thesis, as opposed to 3 cores, 2 electives, and a thesis. The big hooha is that 2 cores is apparently not equivalent to 2 electives (damn right they aren't, I'm doing WAY more intensive work in a core!), and in order to properly swap over I am required to makeup these extra 2 electives NEXT sem.
So yes, an extra semester with extra fees and NO refund for the 2 cores that I'm currently already midway through the semester with. Strictly speaking a core is so much more a specific media subject (as opposed to a gender elective, for example), and thus to "switch" from a core to an elective is way easier as compared to if I were attempting to credit an elective as a core. I do believe that I have a decent case for it, however, and the next few days will likely be occupied with reasoning with the overall Arts faculty coordinator. I can't thank Umi enough for her help in the matter in any case, I'd have left everything as is were it not for her encouragement and constant belief in my situation... so luck for that, and more updates as and when they arise.
Then there's the distraction with B, which deserves an entry in and of itself, but for propriety (and privacy)'s sake will be pared down to the absolute minimum (I'm considering a passworded entry/blog thing, but it seems too much of a hassle at this point). We've been hanging out a lot these two weeks, and let's just say that drinks on Mondays and Thursdays each week after class is a bit of a heady concoction...
I also have: two 2.5k essays for the 2 (now) more or less redundant cores that I'm currently undertaking this semester, both of them due within 3 days of each other next week.
Did I mention B and a possible late night out on Thursday and two essays due next week and the thesis in 6 weeks? ... Yeah.
***
Is there a time for keeping a distance
A time to turn your eyes away
Is there a time for keeping your head down
For getting on with your day
"Miss Sarajevo" - George Michael
My life's been a bit of a whirlwind these couple of weeks. First there was the possibility of a transfer into the honours course (yes, 8 fucking months after I started an appeal), which to date has yet to be confirmed as a result of the university's typical administration inefficiency. To cut a long story short, the difference between my current course and honours is that I'm currently undertaking 5 cores and a thesis, as opposed to 3 cores, 2 electives, and a thesis. The big hooha is that 2 cores is apparently not equivalent to 2 electives (damn right they aren't, I'm doing WAY more intensive work in a core!), and in order to properly swap over I am required to makeup these extra 2 electives NEXT sem.
So yes, an extra semester with extra fees and NO refund for the 2 cores that I'm currently already midway through the semester with. Strictly speaking a core is so much more a specific media subject (as opposed to a gender elective, for example), and thus to "switch" from a core to an elective is way easier as compared to if I were attempting to credit an elective as a core. I do believe that I have a decent case for it, however, and the next few days will likely be occupied with reasoning with the overall Arts faculty coordinator. I can't thank Umi enough for her help in the matter in any case, I'd have left everything as is were it not for her encouragement and constant belief in my situation... so luck for that, and more updates as and when they arise.
Then there's the distraction with B, which deserves an entry in and of itself, but for propriety (and privacy)'s sake will be pared down to the absolute minimum (I'm considering a passworded entry/blog thing, but it seems too much of a hassle at this point). We've been hanging out a lot these two weeks, and let's just say that drinks on Mondays and Thursdays each week after class is a bit of a heady concoction...
I also have: two 2.5k essays for the 2 (now) more or less redundant cores that I'm currently undertaking this semester, both of them due within 3 days of each other next week.
Did I mention B and a possible late night out on Thursday and two essays due next week and the thesis in 6 weeks? ... Yeah.
***
Is there a time for keeping a distance
A time to turn your eyes away
Is there a time for keeping your head down
For getting on with your day
"Miss Sarajevo" - George Michael

<< Home