The Chauffeur.
This is an update of sorts to fill in the gaps in the overall picture.
1. The supposed housemate mentioned a few weeks isn't -- was never -- living here; he (and his mother) didn't show up afterall, due to circumstances I am happy enough not knowing. E thinks the uncle has a pretty warped sense of humour. Me? I think he's just offering the place to whoever shows an inkling of interest -- sooner or later someone'll take him up on it.
2. My transfer into the honours program was successful, but in the light of the ridiculous faculty fuckup (for which I am receiving no monetary or concessionary compensation), I have to do an extra two electives next semester in accordance with the honours course structure. I've dropped 100-420 to accomodate the sudden abundance of unneccessary cores; but am retaining PR on the hunch that it'll up my average from last semester. So all in all, that's an extra semester on top of the 1.5 years should I decide to commence on that MA. Joy.
3. B has applied for a scholarship to Canberra. If successful (and I think it will be; there are few people as brilliant and deserving), it commences on the 19th of November, and drastically shortens the free time we have together from the 10th t0 the 18th, not including the days that need to be spent with the family and other friends. I'll be fine if it came to that, I think -- I leave early December for flogging-land anyhow -- but we'll deal with it when the time comes. Dropping Journo means we don't have classes (or days) in common any longer, but 2 out of the 4 weeks left of the semester will be spent skipping classes to mug on the thesis anyway, so...
4. I've realised important things about myself and E. I don't like them, but concede them to be at least partially true. I'm selfish -- I want the best of both worlds without potentially sacrificing any portion of myself. I'm content to ride the plateau that is now; anything else along the way can be dealt with as and when it arises.
5. The thesis is due in exactly 32 days. I have approximately... 8k to churn out from now til then, complete with analysis, discourse, editing, and refining. I know I'll pull it off eventually though... and that, in and of itself, worries me. If I were even half as hardworking as B I'd have long been done with the spiteful thing. Leopards don't ever change their spots.
N.B. Photobucket appears to be temporarily down... there goes the title! I'll give it til tomorrow and meddle with it then if it's still stuttering.
***
"Wow, you guys look like crap. Whaddya got?"
"Don't have the results."
"What? What have you been doing all night?"
"Jello shots and wild sex, what else?"
"Informed Consent" - House S3 E03
This is an update of sorts to fill in the gaps in the overall picture.
1. The supposed housemate mentioned a few weeks isn't -- was never -- living here; he (and his mother) didn't show up afterall, due to circumstances I am happy enough not knowing. E thinks the uncle has a pretty warped sense of humour. Me? I think he's just offering the place to whoever shows an inkling of interest -- sooner or later someone'll take him up on it.
2. My transfer into the honours program was successful, but in the light of the ridiculous faculty fuckup (for which I am receiving no monetary or concessionary compensation), I have to do an extra two electives next semester in accordance with the honours course structure. I've dropped 100-420 to accomodate the sudden abundance of unneccessary cores; but am retaining PR on the hunch that it'll up my average from last semester. So all in all, that's an extra semester on top of the 1.5 years should I decide to commence on that MA. Joy.
3. B has applied for a scholarship to Canberra. If successful (and I think it will be; there are few people as brilliant and deserving), it commences on the 19th of November, and drastically shortens the free time we have together from the 10th t0 the 18th, not including the days that need to be spent with the family and other friends. I'll be fine if it came to that, I think -- I leave early December for flogging-land anyhow -- but we'll deal with it when the time comes. Dropping Journo means we don't have classes (or days) in common any longer, but 2 out of the 4 weeks left of the semester will be spent skipping classes to mug on the thesis anyway, so...
4. I've realised important things about myself and E. I don't like them, but concede them to be at least partially true. I'm selfish -- I want the best of both worlds without potentially sacrificing any portion of myself. I'm content to ride the plateau that is now; anything else along the way can be dealt with as and when it arises.
5. The thesis is due in exactly 32 days. I have approximately... 8k to churn out from now til then, complete with analysis, discourse, editing, and refining. I know I'll pull it off eventually though... and that, in and of itself, worries me. If I were even half as hardworking as B I'd have long been done with the spiteful thing. Leopards don't ever change their spots.
N.B. Photobucket appears to be temporarily down... there goes the title! I'll give it til tomorrow and meddle with it then if it's still stuttering.
***
"Wow, you guys look like crap. Whaddya got?"
"Don't have the results."
"What? What have you been doing all night?"
"Jello shots and wild sex, what else?"
"Informed Consent" - House S3 E03

<< Home