Bout it.
I had an epiphany regarding my thesis an hour (!!!) ago: It needs to be tweaked, subject matter and all. I realised (while trawling through heaps of research material) this afternoon -- I don't give a damn about the Speak Mandarin Campaign... at ALL! So instead of focusing on and juxtaposing the SGEM with the SMC (and how they conflict/work to reinforce/create national identity/ideology yadayada), I've decided to just focus on the SGEM, and why 6 years and running later there seems to be little to no improvement. My theory? The use of Singlish in the very campaigns that attempt to eradicate them.
Umi'll have a fit come Monday I bet, but this is so totally what I have to do. I actually feel like I want to work on the damn thesis now... \o/
***
"For our last number, I'd like to ask your help. The people in the cheaper seats, clap your hands. And the rest of you, if you'd just rattle your jewelery."
I had an epiphany regarding my thesis an hour (!!!) ago: It needs to be tweaked, subject matter and all. I realised (while trawling through heaps of research material) this afternoon -- I don't give a damn about the Speak Mandarin Campaign... at ALL! So instead of focusing on and juxtaposing the SGEM with the SMC (and how they conflict/work to reinforce/create national identity/ideology yadayada), I've decided to just focus on the SGEM, and why 6 years and running later there seems to be little to no improvement. My theory? The use of Singlish in the very campaigns that attempt to eradicate them.
Umi'll have a fit come Monday I bet, but this is so totally what I have to do. I actually feel like I want to work on the damn thesis now... \o/
***
"For our last number, I'd like to ask your help. The people in the cheaper seats, clap your hands. And the rest of you, if you'd just rattle your jewelery."
Labels: thesis

<< Home