Sunday, August 27, 2006

Straight to number one.

The size of my bed is terribly unconducive inconvenient. It has its pros and cons, but still, it's such a hassle when people come over. Granted, when the Army is over and bunking in it saves me from having to share my bed with someone I'd rather not, but when friends are over they all get to sleep outside while I stow away in here with my heater. I doubt my room actually has space for anything bigger, but I think it could possibly fit a double or queen at a stretch -- there'd just be lesser room for walking around in. Not that there's heaps as it is, but lesser anyway.

***

At dinner and drinks with B the other day, I had an organico pizza with "roasted pumpkin, soy cheese, pinenuts, and rosemary". That's right, B is a vegan. Seriously, what is with me and veggie people?! I already knew just from the sound of it that I wouldn't, and will never, ever, like such organicky stuff, but tried it anyway on the off-chance that it might actually be palatable, and also so I couldn't be accused of making a judgement without having tried it in the first place. I ended up scraping off every single bit of the sickly sweet pumpkin (I like my mains savoury, thank you) and basically eating half of the base and the pinenuts and cheese (which were odd and fatless, but probably fairly healthy). I swear that is absolutely the last time I will ever let anyone convince me to put anything vegan in my mouth (that goes for you too, P!).

So the pizza sucked (big time), but Wyborowa vodkas have got to be the best tasting mixers I've ever tasted before, and that's saying a lot! We ended up at a bar with 2 of B's friends after, and despite completely not hitting the dance floor at all (wasn't inebrieted enough ;p) it was a pretty good night all in all. Could've been better, but not bad. I've never understood why people like to invite everyone they know to hang out together collectively, though. It's not like I am (or will automatically be) friends with whoever it is, but I rather think of it as "cutting in" on time spent together by you and I, so to speak. Why would you want that, unless... you want that, you know? Anyhow. Random mini rant/lament. Click here for yum Wyborowa recipes. I had the lychee and peach variants, although they don't seem to be on that site.

***

I'll keep you my dirty little secret.

"Dirty Little Secret" - All-American Rejects