Some devil.
It's quite telling when you read the papers one morning and the headline:
'Multi-govt effort to fight piracy takes off: 11 nations sign pact, more expected to follow; information centre to be based here'
makes your heart skip a beat. Even the opening paragraph did little to clue me in, watery metaphors nonwithstanding:
"After years of talk, a multi-government plan to combat piracy in Asian waters will finally take off, with Singapore holding fort."
It took a couple of paras and several "vessel" mentions after, but I finally got it: Piracy as in "ARR!". Eh, it could be figurative, what... There I was thinking I'd have to forgo torrenting and have to (gasp) buy ANTM (and House and Monk and AR) off the shelves if it came down to that... or rely on shitty programming and entire-season delays down under for my fixes.
It's tough living like a fugitive in your own home...
***
You said always and forever
Is such a long and lonely time
"Some Devil" - Dave Matthews Band (love it!)
It's quite telling when you read the papers one morning and the headline:
'Multi-govt effort to fight piracy takes off: 11 nations sign pact, more expected to follow; information centre to be based here'
makes your heart skip a beat. Even the opening paragraph did little to clue me in, watery metaphors nonwithstanding:
"After years of talk, a multi-government plan to combat piracy in Asian waters will finally take off, with Singapore holding fort."
It took a couple of paras and several "vessel" mentions after, but I finally got it: Piracy as in "ARR!". Eh, it could be figurative, what... There I was thinking I'd have to forgo torrenting and have to (gasp) buy ANTM (and House and Monk and AR) off the shelves if it came down to that... or rely on shitty programming and entire-season delays down under for my fixes.
It's tough living like a fugitive in your own home...
***
You said always and forever
Is such a long and lonely time
"Some Devil" - Dave Matthews Band (love it!)

<< Home