Monday, March 20, 2006

Rock the Kasbah.

I must be one of the few people who cared little for Brokeback Mountain before even catching it, and now that I have, I can't say that my impression of it has changed particularly much. Heath Ledger's brooding, mumbling cowboy did little for me, and the much hyped "I wish I knew how to quit you" left me nonplussed and just a little cold. I suppose I was already biased before the whole thing, and catching it on a computer screen probably didn't do a thing for it, so.

***

Four weeks into the new semester, I'm still not having the time of life I'd hoped I'd have. It's been a month of thankless, endless work, and it's not as if I was given the option to enroll in any subject that I am remotely passionate about. And writing a thesis? Not fun. Really. I can't even begin to imagine what next year will be like.

On another note, after marathoning both Season 1 and 2 of Project Runway in a matter of a week, I've found a new love in Celebrity Poker Showdown. ^_^ Just how does Bravo keep coming up with all these gloriously trashy things to hook hopeless suckers like me?

***

"You're gonna need your soul one day, Wendy, and you don't have it."