Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Be like water.

For the first time in three years, I'm actually experiencing some sort of reluctance at the semester coming to a close. Strange that my final (well, sorta) semester should be the one in which I'm having the time of my life, what with an utterly relaxed timetable (to say the least!) interspersed nicely with work at the internship, and an effective 4-hour curriculum week. I've also solidified more than a few friendships, and (I'd like to think) relationships with several members of the M&C staff, and just for the record, I rather like my 100-107 tute despite the initial dodgy start. Turns out that Carolyne may also just be my thesis supervisor (plenty of assumptions there :x), which is awesome, since I've always loved and have a good rapport with her. She, to her credit, remembers me as the girl who skipped all 12 9am classes for 100-100, something I very proudly (then) declared at her first lecture. :P

The internship's been a rollercoaster ride of distinctive highs and lows, and while I'm glad I opted to hop on for the ride in general, I'd probably not pick the same amusement given a next round. As with all firms (I gather) there are the good and the bad, the pleasant and the ugly, and I guess you've really just got to suck it up and make the best of it. I'm theoretically due in for the last time this Thursday after a near month-long hiatus, and to be honest I really am just dying to get it over and done with so I can concentrate on the piling assignments due in less than a fortnight. Sue is apparently still busy this last week, so I'm once again put out, and I'd hate to say it, but I'm this close to writing off their work ethic. I have another 8.5 hours to clear, on top of the 17 I'm intending to claim for working at home over the holidays, and I absolutely refuse to embark on a shitty journo task this late in the semester to make up for the hours if I don't go in.

In other news, I'm back onto ANTM, and hooked beyond belief. Jayla reminds me of Yoanna! I've also finished a heap of other things, all in the week or so that I'm theoretically supposed to have been mugging, so yeah, I forsee myself going nuts in about 3 days or so.

Some absolute time-waster game links (or if procrastination is your thing): Chair-iot Racing and Mini Golf. :P No prizes for guessing what I've been up to... I'm up to level 15 and counting for the former.

***

I think love should be irresistable, like a drug, you know. I think when it happens, you should just not be able to help yourself. I just, I wanted... more.