Betty Davis eyes.
7 days to Sydney for my beloved Krispy Kremes and Nat (priorities, priorities!), and I am absolutely dying to get away for a much deserved break. I have one massive storyboard assignment due before then, and despite it being a whole shitload of work (because I can't draw -_-), it's only worth 10%. I'll be majorly pissed if I get another friggin 7.2% again, because 0.3% in this case is a whole GRADE?! It's so easy to decide on a 7.something grade over 10, since it's supposedly the norm, but I work hard for it dammit, and I deserve more than a lowly 7.2.
Work as of late has been decent; I've been having heaps of fun compiling and evaluating a company brand index and it's so up my persnickety alley that I'm really quite happy to do it despite it not being directly related to advertising. I am, however, temporarily on both a self and company-induced 3 week (yeah, tell me about it) break as of now. I'm taking the two-week holiday off, and while I initially volunteered to go in on the second Thursday (to make up for today; long story), they informed me that they're actually having high school students in from the 26th to the 7th of October on placements. Which means that they'll be uber busy for the period, and I'm only scheduled to come in the week after.
Which makes it 3 whopping weeks off of work, and while I technically should be over the moon about it (I am, partially), a tiny part of me actually wants to get more stuff done during my short time there, since for official purposes the internship is technically supposed to conclude by the 31st of October, and whether or not they're looking to hire after is another matter altogether. I suppose it could mostly be chalked down to bad timing (since I'm taking the week off for Sydney before the high school kids are coming in), but oh well. I'm still very, very happy with Sue, and... shit happens.
I keep coming across ideas about things I would really love to blog about, but when I actually make time or am in the right mood to visit said ideas I can't remember them for the life of me...
(What is it like disappointing all the time, and if you could actually express it in words, would you say it aloud?)

...
***
The truth is
I'll only miss her
When some stranger laughs
'cause it's still her laugh
My heart hears.
"I'll Only Miss Her When I Think Of Her" - Frank Sinatra
7 days to Sydney for my beloved Krispy Kremes and Nat (priorities, priorities!), and I am absolutely dying to get away for a much deserved break. I have one massive storyboard assignment due before then, and despite it being a whole shitload of work (because I can't draw -_-), it's only worth 10%. I'll be majorly pissed if I get another friggin 7.2% again, because 0.3% in this case is a whole GRADE?! It's so easy to decide on a 7.something grade over 10, since it's supposedly the norm, but I work hard for it dammit, and I deserve more than a lowly 7.2.
Work as of late has been decent; I've been having heaps of fun compiling and evaluating a company brand index and it's so up my persnickety alley that I'm really quite happy to do it despite it not being directly related to advertising. I am, however, temporarily on both a self and company-induced 3 week (yeah, tell me about it) break as of now. I'm taking the two-week holiday off, and while I initially volunteered to go in on the second Thursday (to make up for today; long story), they informed me that they're actually having high school students in from the 26th to the 7th of October on placements. Which means that they'll be uber busy for the period, and I'm only scheduled to come in the week after.
Which makes it 3 whopping weeks off of work, and while I technically should be over the moon about it (I am, partially), a tiny part of me actually wants to get more stuff done during my short time there, since for official purposes the internship is technically supposed to conclude by the 31st of October, and whether or not they're looking to hire after is another matter altogether. I suppose it could mostly be chalked down to bad timing (since I'm taking the week off for Sydney before the high school kids are coming in), but oh well. I'm still very, very happy with Sue, and... shit happens.
I keep coming across ideas about things I would really love to blog about, but when I actually make time or am in the right mood to visit said ideas I can't remember them for the life of me...
(What is it like disappointing all the time, and if you could actually express it in words, would you say it aloud?)

...
***
The truth is
I'll only miss her
When some stranger laughs
'cause it's still her laugh
My heart hears.
"I'll Only Miss Her When I Think Of Her" - Frank Sinatra

<< Home