Touch and go.
It was absofuckingfreezing today after class (reportedly the coldest winter day this year thus far - it snowed in the outskirts!), so thank god for both Edward and my gigantic bomber jacket that I so happened to decide to lug along in the backseat. What would I do without my car?
It's 2am on Thursday morning, and I'm due to be up for work in 5.5 hours (when 8 is clearly hardly even enough these days). Yay me.
***
The first day of work was pretty boring, all told. I basically sat around all day in front of a Mac (ugg) word-processing and researching some statistical stuff for the Accounts director, which I finished way before 5.30pm rolled around. I had so much time to walk around to the toilet and to and fro from his room (busy guy was always on the phone) and getting coffee from the kitchen, since there was really nothing else planned for me to do today aside from that project.
But really just about everyone else seems as slack, if not even more so, with nothing (certainly less than you'd think) to do but idle the hours away. You can't believe the amount of snack/stretch breaks these people take. There's not a single time when someone isn't munching some sort of biscuit or chocolate or salad or another, and if I really wanted to I could have just excused myself to "get some air" or sandwich outside halfway through the day. The people there are a mixed bunch. I spent the entire day not knowing some of their names (nor did they volunteer or acknowledge my presence, but eh, no biggie), while some of the nicer ones simply waltzed up to me to say hi and introduce themselves. R is still so pretty, and despite her absolute tardiness with regard to getting in touch with me, I can't help the occasional blush that colours my cheeks when talking to her.
***
You and I got something but it's all and then it's nothing to me.
"Here Is Gone" - Goo Goo Dolls
It was absofuckingfreezing today after class (reportedly the coldest winter day this year thus far - it snowed in the outskirts!), so thank god for both Edward and my gigantic bomber jacket that I so happened to decide to lug along in the backseat. What would I do without my car?
It's 2am on Thursday morning, and I'm due to be up for work in 5.5 hours (when 8 is clearly hardly even enough these days). Yay me.
***
The first day of work was pretty boring, all told. I basically sat around all day in front of a Mac (ugg) word-processing and researching some statistical stuff for the Accounts director, which I finished way before 5.30pm rolled around. I had so much time to walk around to the toilet and to and fro from his room (busy guy was always on the phone) and getting coffee from the kitchen, since there was really nothing else planned for me to do today aside from that project.
But really just about everyone else seems as slack, if not even more so, with nothing (certainly less than you'd think) to do but idle the hours away. You can't believe the amount of snack/stretch breaks these people take. There's not a single time when someone isn't munching some sort of biscuit or chocolate or salad or another, and if I really wanted to I could have just excused myself to "get some air" or sandwich outside halfway through the day. The people there are a mixed bunch. I spent the entire day not knowing some of their names (nor did they volunteer or acknowledge my presence, but eh, no biggie), while some of the nicer ones simply waltzed up to me to say hi and introduce themselves. R is still so pretty, and despite her absolute tardiness with regard to getting in touch with me, I can't help the occasional blush that colours my cheeks when talking to her.
***
You and I got something but it's all and then it's nothing to me.
"Here Is Gone" - Goo Goo Dolls

<< Home