Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Shades of grey.

Tired and worn out from (just 2 hours of) school. My 100-107 tut is sooo super slack (and borderline boring were it not for my being able to just rattle off something regardless of the topic/country - it's nice being informed that way ;p) that today's the first time we ended at 3.55pm (instead of 4.15pm when it's actually supposed to) - and that's the latest we've ever gone since the semester has started. Last week I was off by 3.15pm...

I guess I can't really complain since it's not like I've ever particularly been the mugger or studious type, but I'd like to at least touch on some of the relevant questions posed in the reader/notes that don't have to do with some aspect of Psychology (the tutor's doing her doctorate in Psych, see). I mean, what does anorexia have to do with the Asian-Pacific media, much less that in India, aside from a really general influence? The Dalit have much more to worry about than anorexia, imo...

***

In other news, work has slowly been getting better, and I actually quite like going in. I've got a new boss, one who's way nicer and reminds me strangely of Rose. I like her, and I think the feeling's mutual. I'm on a break this week because of the thing on Friday (mentioned below), but am due in again on Monday, and if it's possible I'd definitely like to stick with her for good.

Have a 3000-word career/project plan due Friday, and I've yet to begin... granted, it's not exactly something that requires a whole lot of research (in terms of books, anyway), so I think it shouldn't really be an issue when I finally get off my ass to start it. [Editor's note: Boy did this come back to bite me in the ass...]

We've also finally (note underline + bold + italics) booked the flights for our upcoming (and eagerly anticipated) Sydney trip. I swear it's the only thing keeping me going til then... my darling Krispy Kremes, here I come. <3 Now if only the dumb hotel thing works out.

Also, if there's any concrete proof that sex sells, Jessica Simpson is it. As PCB puts it, her "These Boots (are made for walking)" music video is like how "friggin slut(ty)" la!? But I swear there was absolutely jaw-dropping silence in the cinema when it played earlier... I mean, I was pretty transfixed myself... not like I was staring... or oggling... or anything. I still think she's too skinny for her own good, though.

Part of life is having dreams. They feed the soul.

***

Cause your love's the killin' kind.

"Killin' Kind" - Shelby Lynne