Liars and saints.
If I thought that my disillusionment with the whole Ozzie culture up til now was merely a figment of my overdemanding persnickety nature, the whole internship fiasco has only served to cement that initial irk into near hatred. According to curriculum, I'm supposed to begin my internship this week; at least on Thursday, if not on Monday as well, following the "commencing after 2/8/05" stipulation. Not only have I not been in at all this week, I have had no reply whatsoever with regard to my many many many attempts to contact her, whether by phone or email.
It's not as if I emailed the day before leaving no time for a response, or that I am terribly impatient beyond reason, but come on. I'm not in the least expecting to be fawned over in a haste to "recruit" me, and I'm sure it must be hellava lot of a hassle for a firm to take on an intern, but it's now the third time that I've been left hanging as to when exactly I'm supposed to come in, what I'm supposed to do, and all that basic prep stuff that just about everyone has gotten out of the way. Heck, people have already started work this week, and I'm still floundering as to WHEN. (Editor's note: It's now the 7th and next Monday rolls around the corner with still no word. Yeah. Surprise.)
I'm pissed as hell, and I'm not going to be able to disguise that very well come the time when she actually does decide to contact me. Granted, she probably feels the same by now, so I guess there'll be a very interesting working relationship to unfold.
***
Another of those brainless gush/drool posts. Watching an old SVU rerun right now, and Blondie is like how hot la!? If Law & Order were an accurate representation of real life (and it isn't), there must surely be something in the criteria by which ADAs are hired that stipulates a prerequisite hawtness. See:

Angie Harmon; L&O

Elizabeth Rohm; L&O

Aaand my awesome Stephanie March in SVU. Must-see tv (aka hermit) night has officially extended to include both Wednesdays and Thursdays. <3 Don't say I didn't warn you.
***
"Do you know why I became a lawyer, Alex?"
"Uh... to see your face on tv?"
- "Fallacy", SVU S4:21
If I thought that my disillusionment with the whole Ozzie culture up til now was merely a figment of my overdemanding persnickety nature, the whole internship fiasco has only served to cement that initial irk into near hatred. According to curriculum, I'm supposed to begin my internship this week; at least on Thursday, if not on Monday as well, following the "commencing after 2/8/05" stipulation. Not only have I not been in at all this week, I have had no reply whatsoever with regard to my many many many attempts to contact her, whether by phone or email.
It's not as if I emailed the day before leaving no time for a response, or that I am terribly impatient beyond reason, but come on. I'm not in the least expecting to be fawned over in a haste to "recruit" me, and I'm sure it must be hellava lot of a hassle for a firm to take on an intern, but it's now the third time that I've been left hanging as to when exactly I'm supposed to come in, what I'm supposed to do, and all that basic prep stuff that just about everyone has gotten out of the way. Heck, people have already started work this week, and I'm still floundering as to WHEN. (Editor's note: It's now the 7th and next Monday rolls around the corner with still no word. Yeah. Surprise.)
I'm pissed as hell, and I'm not going to be able to disguise that very well come the time when she actually does decide to contact me. Granted, she probably feels the same by now, so I guess there'll be a very interesting working relationship to unfold.
***
Another of those brainless gush/drool posts. Watching an old SVU rerun right now, and Blondie is like how hot la!? If Law & Order were an accurate representation of real life (and it isn't), there must surely be something in the criteria by which ADAs are hired that stipulates a prerequisite hawtness. See:
Angie Harmon; L&O
Elizabeth Rohm; L&O

Aaand my awesome Stephanie March in SVU. Must-see tv (aka hermit) night has officially extended to include both Wednesdays and Thursdays. <3 Don't say I didn't warn you.
***
"Do you know why I became a lawyer, Alex?"
"Uh... to see your face on tv?"
- "Fallacy", SVU S4:21

<< Home