Monday, July 25, 2005

In all the sad a variety of woe.

It's 12.30pm on the first day of school, and already I feel like I've been through hell and back. My 9am this morning was, in a word, agonizing, and the thought of having to do it all over again next Monday (and Thursday and Friday... -_-) is so not making me want the weekend to be here so soon. The first week of school is almost always the suckiest in terms of settling in and book buying and the usual introductory pleasantries, but now that it's here I don't want it to end.

On the tiny-little-sliver-of-bright side, I have Boost and awesome floss bread, and potent coffee sans sugar chilling in the fridge waiting for me when I awake from my catnap.

Yesterday was such a sad, sad day. We drove all the way to Boxhill just for the yummy mini wok chilli seafood thing, only to be served with some flavourless hotpot one that was sorely lacking in both taste and egg tofu and happiness. But then red bean ice cream from the Korean grocery saved the day.

***

Sometimes to keep it together
We got to leave it alone

So you can get on with your search, baby
And I can get on with mine
And maybe someday we will find
That it wasn't really wasted time

"Wasted Time" - Eagles