Ce comme ca.
I've been back for a few days now, and drunken-slut land has hardly changed the last I was here. Still the obnoxious neighbours talking at the top of their voices at 7 in the morning, and non-stop drunken partying and screaming til the wee hours of the night. It's already 4 right now, and despite only just getting in from MM's piano gig, the thumping dance music is still pumping in loud and clear from upstairs. I don't care if the only thing they do here that constitutes a life is party, party, and more party, but contrary to popular belief sound actually does travel, and some people actually do need sleep at a remotely decent time in order to function the next day.
Strangely enough, I've also got a new, temporary roomie now. She's surprisingly nice and considerate, and so while I'm raking in a teeny bit of cash on the side to cover electricity bills and all that, it's not so bad having another person around the house all the time, even if it means having to be quieter and acutely conscious about the embarrassing personal habits you let loose when living on your own. Still, a nice change of pace or not, I can't say that I'm not glad it's only for about a month at most, before I return to my bachelorette ways.
***
School resumes on Monday, and can I just say (as if it weren't obvious as hell) that I'm so not looking forward to it? The 100-311 lectures have been scheduled for NINE FRIGGIN AM on Monday, which not only is inhumanly early, it's also shoved a huge wedge into my internship and timetable schedule for the rest of the week, since it effectively removes Monday from my list of available days to go in for work. Which means that I now have to work on Fridays instead, which is the worst thing that could ever happen (okay, not quite), since no one, and I swear no one, has school on Fridays, much less a 9 to 5 day. Yay me.
Talking to A actually does make you think sometimes. After much musing in the shower, 3 words I'd use to describe myself: Cynical. Discerning. Sentimental.
***
But then she fell asleep beside him, and the world came back into the room, back into his head, and he felt bad for making jokes about God, and he lay awake in the rain wondering why, when he didn't really want his mother to visit, her not visiting made him so sad.
"Liars and Saints" - Maile Meloy (2003)
I've been back for a few days now, and drunken-slut land has hardly changed the last I was here. Still the obnoxious neighbours talking at the top of their voices at 7 in the morning, and non-stop drunken partying and screaming til the wee hours of the night. It's already 4 right now, and despite only just getting in from MM's piano gig, the thumping dance music is still pumping in loud and clear from upstairs. I don't care if the only thing they do here that constitutes a life is party, party, and more party, but contrary to popular belief sound actually does travel, and some people actually do need sleep at a remotely decent time in order to function the next day.
Strangely enough, I've also got a new, temporary roomie now. She's surprisingly nice and considerate, and so while I'm raking in a teeny bit of cash on the side to cover electricity bills and all that, it's not so bad having another person around the house all the time, even if it means having to be quieter and acutely conscious about the embarrassing personal habits you let loose when living on your own. Still, a nice change of pace or not, I can't say that I'm not glad it's only for about a month at most, before I return to my bachelorette ways.
***
School resumes on Monday, and can I just say (as if it weren't obvious as hell) that I'm so not looking forward to it? The 100-311 lectures have been scheduled for NINE FRIGGIN AM on Monday, which not only is inhumanly early, it's also shoved a huge wedge into my internship and timetable schedule for the rest of the week, since it effectively removes Monday from my list of available days to go in for work. Which means that I now have to work on Fridays instead, which is the worst thing that could ever happen (okay, not quite), since no one, and I swear no one, has school on Fridays, much less a 9 to 5 day. Yay me.
Talking to A actually does make you think sometimes. After much musing in the shower, 3 words I'd use to describe myself: Cynical. Discerning. Sentimental.
***
But then she fell asleep beside him, and the world came back into the room, back into his head, and he felt bad for making jokes about God, and he lay awake in the rain wondering why, when he didn't really want his mother to visit, her not visiting made him so sad.
"Liars and Saints" - Maile Meloy (2003)

<< Home