Monday, June 06, 2005

In a restless world like this is.

Today is a happy day. I stayed up and toiled away on 100-131 and turned it in on time. It was pretty and so impressive - I'd give me an awesome grade, too. The afternoon sky was a clear, majestic blue, and it was too warm for a jacket. I stepped out of the house without product in my hair (too friggin tired), and it actually looked pretty good. Someone told me my hair is, I quote, "sooo long!". :P I missed your laughter. I had my first Mackers meal of the sem (nuggets :>). The bed is book-free for the first time since last week. I thought about you today and I couldn't even remember why.

Just two more days til I'm done for the sem, but what a full-on two days it will be...

***

Summer
You're the tear that comes after Junetime's laughter
You see so many dreams that dont come true
Dreams were fashioned
When summertime was new

You are here to watch over
Some heart that is broken
By a word that somebody left unspoken
You're the ghost of a romance in june
Going astray
Fading too soon
That's why I say farewell
To you Indian summer...

"Autumn Leaves" - Tony Bennett