Thursday, June 02, 2005

Diorama.

Nothing very much to say; busy as is characteristic of this time of the year, and living the hermit life. I absolutely cannot wait for the 7th (now 8th) to be over so I can go on my planned movie spree (Motorcycle Diaries, Mr. & Mrs. Smith, The Assasination of Richard Nixon (my one true historical love), 2046 and Batman Begins) with PCB. Planescape is so unbelievably addictive it has lured me away from work night after night, so much so that I've completed near one-third of the game in a matter of days. I have half a mind to delete it... so I can get through this hellhole of a week...

***

Am looking to purchase a new phone... any suggestions in terms of specific models? I don't need something too state-of-the-art fancy or techy (i.e. bluetooth isn't a must-have), just something aesthetically pleasing and, more importantly, user-friendly will do.

By the way? I fucking hate the use of the formless whatchamacallit "ah". If you have nothing better to say than "ah", just keep quiet. Not only does it not mean anything, it reeks of implied superiority and this whole hoity-toity indifference. It's saying something for the sake of saying something, even when said something is downright pointless and irritating. Especially when you're voicing dissent while appearing not to. I'm the one mugging away to keep my degree afloat here, and I'm not at your fucking disposal.

My desire to travel has once again resurfaced. Somewhere foreign, in a different continent from Asia. Seeing AZ pics makes me feel this incredible itch to return to the States, maybe NY this time... or Seattle, though the latter for reasons best left undisclosed... There's just something about the US that's so incredibly welcoming and all-encompassing at the same time. I still have yet to find the right person to embark on my African trek with me, but when I do... no one will hear the end of it. It will be wonderous and eye-opening and me-finding and surreal, and I won't ever want to leave. ... I hope.

I could think of a thousand songs.

***

I pretended I'm glad you went away
These four walls closin' more everyday
And I'm dying inside
And nobody knows it but me

"Nobody Knows" - Tony Rich Project