Sunday, March 06, 2005

The Story of O.

Someone asked me the other day what were 5 things (as in material objects) I couldn't live without, and it took me quite a while to compile my fairly materialistic list:

So in no particular order,

1. Ipod
2. Aircon
3. Lappy
4. Car (which has since been christened "Edward", but that's another story)
5. Mobile

It's rather telling given that they're all techy and/or material things, and not sentimental items that mean a lot or were given for a special reason/person, etc.

Took Edward out (doesn't it sound oh-so-scandalous? ;p) with PCB yesterday and it was so hilariously funny coz we got lost after a detour at Flinders on the way to Nova (because of the F1 going on), and ended up in line to the Crown carpark with no way out but to tell the guy that we'd made a wrong turn and could he please let us out... that, the icing on top of a Murphy-worthy bad day, took us a full hour to get to Lygon itself, where we just barely made it for MDB. Which, as a concession, was actually good... not sure it deserved the Oscar hype, though...

***

"It has been said, by someone far wiser than myself, nobody is boring who is willing to tell the truth about himself. To narrow this down further, someone equally wise said that the things that make us ashamed are also the things that make us interesting."

- Eleanor Rigby, Douglas Coupland

On that note, I am utterly mortified that the folks opened the package that arrived for me on the grounds that they had to repack it... it is/was personal, HELLO?!?! It's terribly sweet and thoughtful that they wanted to include the chocs I'd asked about too, but still. I should've been consulted on the matter!

Sob. I feel almost sick to the stomach right now, and it absolutely doesn't help that I know exactly what the package contained, so. Ugh. -_- I bet I'll get a thousand and one questions the next time I call back... (amazingly there were none this time, save for whom it was from).

School tomorrow and readings to be done, as soon as I can get over the shock...

***

I don't need to fall at your feet
Just 'cause you cut me to the bone
And I won't miss the way that you kiss me
We were never carved in stone

"King of Wishful Thinking" - Go West