Wednesday, March 09, 2005

The pupil in denial.

Another back-breaking day of pilates, and despite the bruised ribs I weirdly seem to suffer the day after (when everyone else gets hurting abs), it's so far been a decidedly better "workout" (so to speak) than yoga the day before. It really could just be that we were novices in a foreign environment of tadasanas and svanasanas, and attempting to blend in inconspicuously with the crowd and pick up the already established (and learned) poses was a bit of a challenge. On hiatus til the following Monday so my back can nurse itself.

100-106 is turning out to be quite fun (warning: geek alert!) given that I get to sit in a computer lab for two hours tinkering away on a Dell with unrestricted net access (none of that uni-sites-only access shit), and the funky basics of html and FTP. Only annoying thing is that it's really a subject-within-a-subject since the website assessment requires that you research the content to be put on it, and Week 4 (which is essentially in 2 weeks) has 2 things due in (micro website with 600-word mini essay, and written proposal for the major project due at the end of the sem), both of which I have yet to embark on. Watch out for whiny post in T-1 days.

***

In other news, cheapo me caught two movies for the price of one (and half price too, at that -> $5!) at Nova on Monday. Loitered around in the cinema (mostly in the toilet...) after HOFD to wait for the others to get in so we could watch Closer, which was really quite good in terms of symbolism and irony. That, and the babelicious Natalie Portman (in no particular order)...

Am also completely obsessed with The Blower's Daughter on the soundtrack (slow, I know), but it was so utterly swoonsome together with the movie it's been on continuous repeat both on the ipod and lappy (36 as of Monday...).

Just spoke to mom to say happy birthday, and also conveniently make noise about my package, for which dad was entirely unapologetic about having "ripped it open" (according to mom -_-) to transfer its contents to a smaller box. That's the last time I'm having something delivered there, in any case. I'm also fully aware of the possible insinuations as to what was in the box, but no, it (sadly) wasn't the Rabbit Pearl I placed an order for some time back. ;p

There is ambiguity in most human relationships. Like a sequence of words, a relationship can be open to differing interpretations. And when two people have differing views, not merely of the state of their relationship, but of its very nature, it can affect the entire course of their lives. - Seven Types of Ambiguity, Elliot Perlman

***

Did I say that I loathe you?
Did I say that I want to
Leave it all behind?


"The Blower's Daughter" - Damien Rice