Sunday, March 13, 2005

Live like you're dying.

So exactly one week after our Crown casino carpark esca(r)pade, PCB and I ended up right back where we were today when Flinders was closed, again, for Moomba on our way to pick A for dinner. You cannot believe the utter exasperation upon seeing the damn detour signs - wasn't sure whether to scream or laugh (we ended up doing both), since it wasn't too long ago that we spent an entire hour trying to get from A to B via the convoluted "back route" when it would've taken us less than 25 as per usual.

It also didn't help that 1. We aren't familiar with the "other" roads, 2. We had a lousy phone-guide (thanks, A), 3. I haven't been driving long and everything is still an exercise in familiarity. Granted the detour route didn't involve the carpark this time, but the other two alternative paths leading away from it, which led us all the way back to where we had to make the detour at the Arts Centre. To cut a long story short, we got there eventually after a comparatively shorter wild goose chase, this time in search of the elusive Kings Way. A couple more times and I might just get the hang of it already.

Caught Team America (fuck yeah!) with A after dinner out in Boxhill (where we made a wrong turn, too, but it wasn't me behind the wheel). Quite funny la, but I wouldn't pay to watch it again. Kim Jong Il's "I'm Sho Rone-ri" killed.

My poor brother is stuck at E's sister's (who is really just my cousin, too) wedding preparations without me for company, which is vital if you are in on just how disassociated from my dad's side of the family we are [by choice (and to a lesser extent circumstance), mind you]. Sorry kid, wish I could be there, too. (Instead, I'm sitting in bed sipping yakult and munching on brunch. Where's the love?)

I'm so wimpy that an episode of Medium at 3 in the morning left me double-checking behind every few seconds from the toilet and back. :x

***

And should I go,
You won't say so
But I know it's true; I know
You've got a new favorite.

"New Favourite" - Alison Krauss