Heartstrings.
Just to what extent is one willing to settle in terms of the little things in favour if the larger picture? How important are the ideals and expectations you hold dear when weighed against what is really supposed to matter? And if all that is true, who defines the lines between toxic settling and progressive compromise?
Having said all that, SF was, in a nutshell, trying. I can't quite recall the number of times I cried, or the seemingly endless emotional rollercoasters all within the short (and yet at the same time excruciatingly long) 6 days. I wanted to call home so bad, but my goddammofoing cellphone absolutely refused to receive a signal (as well as in transit in Seoul) even after the Singtel people assured me it would [there's corporate reliability for you -_-]. I said I knew, after just one night, that it was best left as is. But the dancing... oh, the dancing... who was to have known?
Is it just me, or am I just being realistic? I can't help but feel so unbelievably shallow, and worse still, that I lied... and a part of me absolutely loathes the person I am (that I have become?) - the values that I hold, and the things that are important to me despite this... 'thing', for lack of a better word, being essentially a precious thing...
(Mostly it's how being treated like a goddess is hard to let go of, in spite of it all.)
Well.
Where do we begin, and just where do we end?
***
Blowing sparks
At my frozen angel
Words to melt the ice
Around your pretty heart
"Yuki Song" - Deep Forest
Just to what extent is one willing to settle in terms of the little things in favour if the larger picture? How important are the ideals and expectations you hold dear when weighed against what is really supposed to matter? And if all that is true, who defines the lines between toxic settling and progressive compromise?
Having said all that, SF was, in a nutshell, trying. I can't quite recall the number of times I cried, or the seemingly endless emotional rollercoasters all within the short (and yet at the same time excruciatingly long) 6 days. I wanted to call home so bad, but my goddammofoing cellphone absolutely refused to receive a signal (as well as in transit in Seoul) even after the Singtel people assured me it would [there's corporate reliability for you -_-]. I said I knew, after just one night, that it was best left as is. But the dancing... oh, the dancing... who was to have known?
Is it just me, or am I just being realistic? I can't help but feel so unbelievably shallow, and worse still, that I lied... and a part of me absolutely loathes the person I am (that I have become?) - the values that I hold, and the things that are important to me despite this... 'thing', for lack of a better word, being essentially a precious thing...
(Mostly it's how being treated like a goddess is hard to let go of, in spite of it all.)
Well.
Where do we begin, and just where do we end?
***
Blowing sparks
At my frozen angel
Words to melt the ice
Around your pretty heart
"Yuki Song" - Deep Forest

<< Home