Sunday, December 12, 2004

The four horsemen.

Everything is so much more bleak and depressing when you're tired and suffering from an acute lack of sleep and being compelled to off to perfunctory church on friggin' Sunday mornings. 8.30am and dying. One of these days I will get it out of me to refuse.

Caught Aladdin at the Jubilee Theatre on Thursday with Viv, decent performance though last year's Cinderel-lah! was by far the better of the two (Chua Enlai was somehow hilariously funny though -fucking wig!-, and I <3 Karen Tan :)).

Out with A at the Esplanade yesterday for the Sleeping Beauty Ballet. Particularly liked the sequence preceeding the second interval, but that's just it: too many intervals within too (relatively) short a time. Was all ready to up and go after the curtains fell the second time, but two intervals within 2.something hours is just one to many to fully capture an audience's attention. All things considered (crotch-oggling and all), for a first ballet I'm glad it was complimentary.

All caught up with the OC so far. It's tough to explain just exactly what it's allure is (given the cheesy lines, predictable plot and bad acting), but it's so bad it's good that I think I'm in it for the long haul.

13 days to xmas and a ton of gift shopping left to do. When did the holidays become a mad rush for presents and presents alone?

***

�Yeah, you taste different from them. You taste classy. That must be your reputation on the tip of my tongue.�