Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Death sentence.

Boggling over wtf to write about for 106-212 final assignment... it's supposed to be open-ended and 'creative' in that you can write just about anything you want, as long as it has to do with the vast process of copy-editing. Which, by the way, includes anything from individual aspects of punctuation to grammar, semantics and 'style'. Or, if you're feeling not-so-adventurous there's always the mundane option of a reflective piece on the key phases of book production and what you've come away with from the subject. Altogether now: UGH!

As of now my vast options include 1. debating the proper usage of affect versus effect (an issue that REALLY annoys the hell out of me so at least there is motivation); 2. a bloody monotone on the merits of that versus which; and 3. a punctuation guide on apostrophes, commas, and semicollons. Now that's creativity for you.

Did I mention the bloody thing is supposed to be 1300 words long? I have NO idea how I'm going to churn out 1300 words on semantics, let alone apostrophes or word usage. So fuck this, I'm off to bed for now. God, the last week of school is always the worst. I forsee the bi-semesterly visit to the doctor in the next few days.

***

On another note, "Hobo Baggins" is the funniest thing I've heard all week. ;p

[A] We had a hobo in our basement. Lived there only at night, broke the window and climbed in, slept by the water heater. He didn't know who he was, and when we opened the basement door he used to howl up at us and shit. Roomie was so fuckin' funny, she used to open the basement door and like, throw down a chicken leg and go "OMFG we forgot to feed the hobo!". He was like a pet. Our pet hobo.

[B] Dude, I'd have named him Hobo Baggins.

***

She is an architect of her own misery.