In memorium.
So I've been saving this little snippet I read off someone's website.
"September 11th haunts me everyday, in subtle, little ways. Mostly, however, I am haunted by the memory of a woman I met at the funeral on September 10th. She was my cousin's close friend, and someone who died less than twenty-four hours later on the upper floors of the South Tower."
Its poignancy struck me, I guess.
I don't know what it's like to have lost someone in a war, or a car bombing, or a terrorist attack. I don't want to know, but all I'm saying is, you'll never know until you know, you know?
Some days you look out the window and even the blackest things can seem pretty in their own right. Other days you look at the world and think, god, we're a downright shitty place.
***
You hurt the ones you love, but you only destroy the one you love the most.
So I've been saving this little snippet I read off someone's website.
"September 11th haunts me everyday, in subtle, little ways. Mostly, however, I am haunted by the memory of a woman I met at the funeral on September 10th. She was my cousin's close friend, and someone who died less than twenty-four hours later on the upper floors of the South Tower."
Its poignancy struck me, I guess.
I don't know what it's like to have lost someone in a war, or a car bombing, or a terrorist attack. I don't want to know, but all I'm saying is, you'll never know until you know, you know?
Some days you look out the window and even the blackest things can seem pretty in their own right. Other days you look at the world and think, god, we're a downright shitty place.
***
You hurt the ones you love, but you only destroy the one you love the most.

<< Home