Sunday, July 11, 2004

Firecracker lightning seed.

I should so have opted for a History major. Wtf?

Boring, boring weekend. Swensen's with folks on Saturday (no more catfish AND spaghetti napolitan?!?!?!), ended up with some cheesy grains set thing which was an absolute ripoff... wanted to go for the seafood bonanza thing (after trying the kebabs just the week before), but they just had to have changed the specials menu. Double @#$%!.

Attempted to tan at the pool today after church but 20 minutes into my first lap it started storming. Hid under umbrella reading before pages started to get wet, resigned to seeking refuge in changing room. Spent the next hour in there reading before the rain finally stopped, but still no sun. -_- Ended up doing more laps than I've ever done at one sitting in entire life so far (for utter lack of anything better to do), and as a reward... managed to catch 15 minutes of sun. Goodbye golden tan plan. :(

"This isn't an alternative. There is no alternative. This isn't a clean slate. There never was an empty space, even in the beginning. This isn't a step in any direction, and if it is, my eyes are on my feet to keep from falling, and I'm not sure where I'm going. This is a standard confession. I don't need, I only want. And if you don't want, then you probably need."

***

She folded her arms, unimpressed, disenfranchised, hating the predictable nature of her predicament.