Thursday, July 08, 2004

Fallen icons.

12.31am in flogging land, waiting to cheat the system and check semester results before the presumed 7am release time. Tired but don't exactly want to sleep because: see above. 3am is way too far away. -_-

Both dad and mom are suddenly down with something, dad's looking pretty bad. It's weird (and kinda scary) to know that they're both sick (though with different things), and especially at their age... when they're usually REALLY healthy and all that (especially dad, can't remember the last time even). So used to being the one taken care of when I'm back here that it's somewhat disorientating when such things happen.

Also, grandma's got gallstones and is due for her diagnosis on Friday... I can almost bet that if it weren't for the fact that I happen to be on holidays and back right now, I wouldn't even be notified if I were at school. Case in point, we all know which one that was. I'm not sure which was worse: the shock at learning about the incident proper, or the hurt (and lack of reaction-time) at not being notified earlier AND having to find out through, of all things, a blog. I can see where you're coming from, wanting to spare me the worry and all, but I think I deserve the right to know.

12.47am. Tick tick tick tick tick.

***

So you fall for the one you believe in,
And take pride in the heart you hold
'Cause when the winter time pounds upon your door,
It's shelter from the cold.