Sunday, December 21, 2003

Jeux d'enfants.

It occurs to me that everything in life is a direct result of something else. If I had called back to make good on that dinner date, would we have been actual friends now, and not right back where we started?

Sometimes it seems to me that we could have made it right again (however utterly wrong it was - or at least ended up). Friends who are able to say hi in a normal fashion, or even have a friendly lunch together (wouldn't it be nice?), and not have our respective groups of friends sneer at each other in such a fashion [it makes me squirm sometimes, its like they hate me so].

Its almost as if I had a palpable chance [wasn't dinner fun?], but let it slip away between the very tips of my fingers.

Friendster makes people like me sad. Most of the time I couldn't quite give a fuck, but its odd times like these I wish...

I wish.

***

Nothing lasts forever, and you know how hearts can change.