Monday, May 19, 2003

Soul mate
n.
One of two persons compatible with each other in disposition, point of view, or sensitivity.
Someone for whom you have a deep affinity.

Somehow it seemed to mean much more when you said it back then. Put on paper, it just seems so much more one-dimensional. Like in context of us, now.

Don't suppose I *should* be feeling anything at all, considering how things are between us. How its always been.
Is this where I put on a comforting smile and say, everything's gonna be alright?
That you really oughtn't to worry, and that things'll work out for you two somehow?
Hug you close and whisper in your ear, that I'm really... happy for you?
That I'll be back in a month and can't wait to see you again?
Smile and jest, that I hope you'll still have a bit of time for an old friend now...?

That maybe... I'm just the teeniest bit jealous but I'll get over it so don't worry about me I'll be fine just in time to do all the above so nothing changes as it is and we'll still be soul mates?

[That I hate how absolutely unreasonable and whiney I'm sounding right now?]

***

That was the worst of it.
She spoilt me for everyone else in the world,
Then said I had to get along without her.