Funny, I think I blog a lot more when I'm home.
2am now (5am back in Mel!) and I'm wide awake, feeling *quite* happy to be home and sitting here in front of the laptop getting stuff in order again... while the scandisk of the other SPOILT com cranks in the background. My baby's spoilt! :/ *sniffle* And its ALL somebody's fault (who is sound asleep in bed now coz he's got school tomorrow, the pig). Thank GOD cable still works on this one without a modem... I go away for month and *everything* goes haywire. Mehhh.
***
Folks arrived at the airport just in time to see me struggling to lift my massive suitcase off the goddam belt. Sure looks like I'm staying here for 3 months or something, considering the amount of crap in my bag. I mean, first time I ever got a "Heavy: Assisted lift may be required. 25kg - BEND YOUR KNEES." tag on it. Uh, okay... I got the hint.
Was good to see the folks again. :> They're all back off to work/school tomorrow though. Think I'll slack at home... doncha just love the solitude? Quality time without anyone bugging ya. Not til they find out you're back, that is.
***
Had a pretty good flight... sat next to this really nice Italian guy ('cept he had a problem communicating in English), then moved to an empty 2-seater a couple of rows back. Starting to like taking flights alone. The thought of crashing just *has* to occur to me at one point or another though... especially during turbulence when your stomach does funny flip-flops and you seriously feel like throwing up.
Obnoxious M'sian/Ipoh-ian (whatever) in the centre aisle. Who the hell sits like you're gonna give birth with your goddam legs spread 90 degrees and propped on the armrests in front of you throughout the flight? (It was a MALE, btw.) Not to mention the dumb spotlight AND the controller episode...
Listened to Diana Krall's entire "One Night In Paris" cd on the Audio-on-Demand thing... wooo! She *rocks*. :> Not to mention entertaining myself with the Carpenters, Michael Bolton (hhhh!) and Kenny G... I swear the music collection on-board is getting way hipper. Caught half of "Simone", and now like PCB I'm dying to know the ending... coz surprise surprise, they had to switch it off before landing (btw "Swimfan" was *still* showing on-board girl. :p).
***
Almost 2 hours since it started, and the scan thingy's only 33% done. Looks like I'll lose everything previously in there... might have to reload the whole system. Sighhh. They sure know to get a kid where it hurts most.
Results out on Friday. Scary.
Good luck, ya'll... play hard. 2 days til reality comes flying back atcha.
***
Sing with me, sing for the years
Sing for the laughter, sing for the tears
Sing it with me, just for today;
Maybe tomorrow the good Lord will take you away...
"Sing For The Moment" - Eminem
2am now (5am back in Mel!) and I'm wide awake, feeling *quite* happy to be home and sitting here in front of the laptop getting stuff in order again... while the scandisk of the other SPOILT com cranks in the background. My baby's spoilt! :/ *sniffle* And its ALL somebody's fault (who is sound asleep in bed now coz he's got school tomorrow, the pig). Thank GOD cable still works on this one without a modem... I go away for month and *everything* goes haywire. Mehhh.
***
Folks arrived at the airport just in time to see me struggling to lift my massive suitcase off the goddam belt. Sure looks like I'm staying here for 3 months or something, considering the amount of crap in my bag. I mean, first time I ever got a "Heavy: Assisted lift may be required. 25kg - BEND YOUR KNEES." tag on it. Uh, okay... I got the hint.
Was good to see the folks again. :> They're all back off to work/school tomorrow though. Think I'll slack at home... doncha just love the solitude? Quality time without anyone bugging ya. Not til they find out you're back, that is.
***
Had a pretty good flight... sat next to this really nice Italian guy ('cept he had a problem communicating in English), then moved to an empty 2-seater a couple of rows back. Starting to like taking flights alone. The thought of crashing just *has* to occur to me at one point or another though... especially during turbulence when your stomach does funny flip-flops and you seriously feel like throwing up.
Obnoxious M'sian/Ipoh-ian (whatever) in the centre aisle. Who the hell sits like you're gonna give birth with your goddam legs spread 90 degrees and propped on the armrests in front of you throughout the flight? (It was a MALE, btw.) Not to mention the dumb spotlight AND the controller episode...
Listened to Diana Krall's entire "One Night In Paris" cd on the Audio-on-Demand thing... wooo! She *rocks*. :> Not to mention entertaining myself with the Carpenters, Michael Bolton (hhhh!) and Kenny G... I swear the music collection on-board is getting way hipper. Caught half of "Simone", and now like PCB I'm dying to know the ending... coz surprise surprise, they had to switch it off before landing (btw "Swimfan" was *still* showing on-board girl. :p).
***
Almost 2 hours since it started, and the scan thingy's only 33% done. Looks like I'll lose everything previously in there... might have to reload the whole system. Sighhh. They sure know to get a kid where it hurts most.
Results out on Friday. Scary.
Good luck, ya'll... play hard. 2 days til reality comes flying back atcha.
***
Sing with me, sing for the years
Sing for the laughter, sing for the tears
Sing it with me, just for today;
Maybe tomorrow the good Lord will take you away...
"Sing For The Moment" - Eminem

<< Home