Saturday, January 25, 2003

Tenderheart Bear
You are thinker, organizer, peacekeeper, and leader all in one. You have a power to command attention and people listen to you. However, you are often so concerned about not hurting others' feelings that you don't tell them what they need to hear and this gets you both into trouble. But you always have loyal friends to help you out.



(*Tenderheart* Bear?! Meh.)

***

42 'C. Steamy, sweltering, summer SUNday morning, just past the stroke of midnight. Its absolutely *burning*, and at the same time Elle's freezing her butt off over in CA. Its what, -10 'C over there now? Talk about extremes. Global warming, forest fires and now haywire climate... Yes I think to myself, what a wonderful world (Armstrong, L. 1967).

Leafing through E&D notes now, and I'm not even done with HOI yet. Sigh. I can so forsee what tomorrow, Tuesday and Thursday night will be like. All this preparation to return early from "flogging land" (that's enough, Elle! :p) in time for Orientation, and it occurs just to me that I'm taking for granted there'll be an actual need to return. At the rate things are going... *shrug* Who knows, really. Scary, how my entire future lies in 7 days of pure laborious study.

On a related note, is an extra 3% worth all that slave labor?

I'm compelled to disagree.

***

She raised her head, her eyes staring blankly about her.
Again she whispered, "That's not the point,"
the words now a plea to a man who was no longer there.