Tuesday, December 31, 2002

Sigh. This is it, I guess. Here I am, seated all alone in front of the com on New Year's eve, blogging about my impending return back to the "land of drunken sluts" (as very nicely enounciated by Elle). While just about everyone else is at some bash or another counting down the seconds to the stroke of midnight - the very thing I've been dreading. The irony strikes me as faintly amusing; though for some weird reason or another, I find myself unable to share in the humor. All I can think of is how, the next time I blog, it'll be from a different house. A different chair. A different computer. A different world, if you will.

Its been a miserly 10 days, but I can't say I've regreted a single moment. What's another three-fold? A month'll pass like it was yesterday.

The mind tries in vain to convince its beating heart.

***

It seems to me, that the best relationships
- the ones that last - are frequently the ones
that are rooted in friendship. You know, one
day you look at a person and you see something
more than you did the night before. Like a
switch has been flicked somewhere. And the
person who was just a friend is suddenly the
only one you can ever imagine yourself with.

- Scully