'It's my birthday,' she says, blindly, out of nowhere. 'You were right. I just wanted ...'
She's starting to cry, and she doesn't like that. I can see her shutting down, retreating, and before she can start gathering her things again, I take the last step and pull her into my arms.
She doesn't say a word. She's looking up at me and her eyes are wide and blue and scared. I don't know what she expects, or what she wants, or even how old she is. And then she closes her eyes and lays her head against my shoulder and for the moment, it doesn't matter.
'Happy birthday,' I whisper, and touch my lips to the top of her head.
***
Can anyone fall in love in 30 seconds?
"Pheonix" - Fialka
She's starting to cry, and she doesn't like that. I can see her shutting down, retreating, and before she can start gathering her things again, I take the last step and pull her into my arms.
She doesn't say a word. She's looking up at me and her eyes are wide and blue and scared. I don't know what she expects, or what she wants, or even how old she is. And then she closes her eyes and lays her head against my shoulder and for the moment, it doesn't matter.
'Happy birthday,' I whisper, and touch my lips to the top of her head.
***
Can anyone fall in love in 30 seconds?
"Pheonix" - Fialka

<< Home