Wednesday, September 04, 2002

I ran into Mum and Dad's room,
but Mum and Dad weren't in bed.
And it was cold,
Like someone had left the window open.
So I looked...
And there was my mother,
Just lying there,
In the middle of all this shattered glass and blood.
She must have been standing at the window when...

And I just stood there;
I couldn't move.
I couldn't say anything.
I was still half asleep.
But then I heard the front door open,
and footsteps running up the stairs.
I was terrified.
I thought that whoever shot my Mum was coming to get me,
And I couldn't hide.
There was no place to hide.

The only thing I could think of was to lie down beside my mother.
I thought whoever it was wouldn't hurt me if they thought I was already dead.
Then a man came into the bedroom...
He saw me and my mother and all the blood,
And he stumbled backwards out of the room.
I heard him crying and saying,
"No, no, no," over and over again.
"No, no..."

And then I recognized his voice.
I realised it was my dad.
But before I could say anything there was another gunshot.

And then he wasn't crying anymore.

"Disturbed" - Brad Boesen


AKA, the monologue I never got to do. >.<