Thursday, August 15, 2002

You never cried because you were too terrified of everything to let yourself feel.
You'd have to learn crying from a manual! Chop onions!
I never cried because I was too tough - but I felt everything.
Every slight, every pressure, every vague competition - but I fought.
And I won!
There hasn't been a battle since I was five that I haven't won.
And the people I fought were happy that I won!
Happy!
After a while.

Do you have any idea how many people in this town worship me?
Maybe that's the attraction - you don't worship me.
Maybe I'd quit loving you if you did worship me.
Maybe I'd lose all respect for you if you did all the things I want you to do.
You've got to change!
Listen... I'm not saying I'm better or stronger than you are.
Its just that we - you and I - have different temperaments.
And my temperament is better and stronger than yours!
You're a wall!
You don't fight.
You hardly ever listen!

Dear God, will somebody please explain to me why I think you're so beautiful?

-- "Little Murders"


***

A really cool monologue for drama today. Just thought it hit home, somehow.

And yep, gotta do it as a soliloque.

...

Somebody stop the cameras.